Sunday, February 13, 2011

Zotero

I recently started using Zotero which to me is useful for managing citations, bookmarks and notes. I like the fact that you can combine books, articles, blog posts, webpages, newspaper articles, etc. all in one list with the ability to add standalone notes that you then put into folders as well as tagging. It's a little like mixing delicious and RefWorks. I also like that it, too, appears in the lower corner of my web browser, so it is always available. Andrew mentioned it in a comment, too, so he would be a reference if you want to know more.

The Zotero Quick Start Guide is a place to go for more info and a brief video.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I don't know how I would have managed all of my information and resources last semester without Zotero. To me it was like having a friend in the room who remembered everything I asked him to. For anyone who is interesting in getting started with Zotero I recommend not only the quick start guide but also reading through the support documents at
    http://www.zotero.org/support/

    ReplyDelete